Pressed tomatoes at home


Nothing screams like "home" to me but breakfast. I was raised to diligently have breakfast every morning and usually Mom already prepared delicious food for us, and some brown bag for school. Also, my grandmother told me breakfast is the key for good grades- so.. I have no option to skip it.

Breakfast usually  consists of a glass of carrot and papaya juice, or pressed tomato- and I prefer the tomato. Tomato consists of vitamin A, C thiamin and niacin. Oh, and each medium sized tomato only consists of 22 calories. The colour is pretty, it smells sweet  and it's easy to digest. I tried tomato juice, which was made using blender or juicer- but I think this version is better! I also prefer locally grown tomatoes, especially when it's labeled organic.

PRESSED TOMATO
Ingredients: (for two cups)
- 4 red and ripe tomato
- boiling water in a pan with lid
How to:
- wash the tomato
- put tomato in boiled water, and cover it with a lid for approx. 2 hours, until the tomato is softened
- press the potato in a sieve, and collect the juice

Post a Comment